- Mallasi, Zaki (2019). Designing with pixels: parametric thinking for patterning dynamic building facades. Journal of Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, Vol. 26, Issue: 4, pg. 668-688.
- Mallasi, Zaki (2018). Using parametric BIM integration for prototyping future responsive facades. Journal of Facade Design and Engineering, Vol. 6, No.1, pg. 89-100.
- Ajla Aksamija and Zaki Mallasi. (2010). Building Performance Predictions: How Simulations Can Improve Design Decisions. Perkins + Will Research Journal, Vol. 02.02, pg. 7-32.
- Mallasi, Z. (2009). Towards Minimizing Space-time Conflicts Between Site Activities Using Simple Generic Algorithm – the Best Execution Strategy. ITcon Vol. 14, 21(7), Special Issue Next Generation Construction IT: Technology Foresight, Future Studies, Road mapping, and Scenario Planning, pg. 154-179.
- Dawood. N., Mallasi, Z. (2006). Construction Workspace Planning: assignment and analysis utilizing 4D visualization technologies. Journal of Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 21(7), October 2006, page 498-513
- Zaki Mallasi (2006). Dynamic Quantification and Analysis of the Construction Workspace Congestion Utilising 4D Visualisations. Journal of Automation in Construction, 15(5), September 2006, pp. 640-655.
- Nashwan Dawood, Eknarin Sriprasert, Mallasi, Z. and Hobbs, B. (2003). Development of an Integrated Information Resource Base for 4D/VR Construction Processes Simulation. Journal of Automation in Construction, 12(2), pp. 123-131.
- October 2022: Elwazani, Salim, Mallasi, Zaki, and Alani, Mostafa. Design Narratives in Studio Settings. Proceedings of the Design Communication Conference 2022, Auburn University, Auburn, USA.
- November 2016: Mallasi, Zaki. Integrating Physical and Digital Prototypes Using Parametric BIM in the Pursuit of Kinetic Façade. Proceedings of the 8th ASCAAD-2016 International Conferences: Parametricism V. Materialism, SOAS, London, UK, 155-168, UK.
- January 2013: Pasch, Grete and Mallasi, Zaki. From Tension to Balance: Designing a New Library Building for Effat University. Proceedings of The 21st International BOBCATSSS Conference, Ankara, Turkey.
- November 2007: Mallasi, Z. Applying Generative Modelling Procedure to Explore Architectural Design. Proceedings of 3rd ASCAAD-2007 International Conferences: Embodying Virtual Architecture, Bibliotecha Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
- February 2005: Mallasi, Z. Identification and Visualization of Construction Activities’ Workspace Conflicts Utilising 4D CAD/VR Tools. Proceedings of 1st ASCAAD-2005 International Conferences: E-Design in Architecture, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- September 2003: Mallasi, Z. and Dawood, N. N., Development of VRML Visualisation with AutoCAD. Proceedings of CONVR2003, Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality. Virginia Tech. USA
- April 2003: Mallasi, Z. and Dawood, N. N., A Generic inclusion of space strategies with activity execution patterns in 4D. Conference Proceedings of CIB w78 conference 2003. Auckland. New Zealand
- June 2002: Mallasi, Z. and Dawood, N. N., Registering the Spatial Requirements of Construction Activities to Rehearse Project Schedules Using Site-PECASO System. Conference Proceedings of CIB w78 on Distributing Knowledge in Buildings, Aarhus. Denmark
- October 2001: Mallasi, Z. and Dawood, N. N. Assessing Space Criticality in Sequencing and Identifying Execution Patterns for Construction Activities Using VR Visualisations. ARCOM Doctoral Workshop: Simulation and Modelling in Construction. Reading University, Edinburgh, UK
- October 2001: Dawood, N., Sriprasert, E., Mallasi, Z. and Brian Hobbs. Development of an Integrated Information Resource Base for 4D/VR Construction Processes Simulation. Proceedings of AVR II CONVR 2001, Sweden
- September 2000: Dawood, N., Hobbs, B., Akinsola, A., Mallasi, Z., Mahdjoubi, L., Heesom, D., Winch, G.M., Penn, A., Kelsey, J., Edkins, A., and North. S. (2000). The Virtual Construction Site: a Decision Support System for Construction Planning (VIRCON). Conference on Construction Applications of Virtual Reality: Current Initiatives and Future Challenges, 4-5 September 2000, University of Teesside, UK.
- January 2000: Mallasi, Z. Planning and Managing Construction Tasks Using VR Visualisations. Proceedings of the Greenwich 2000 Symposium. Greenwich, London, UK.
Public Speaking and Presentation
- November (23-26) 2022: ‘Dynamo Packing Made Easier: Transforming a Fun Layout Planning Exercise into a Practical Multi‐Family Residential Project Application’, The DBEI BiLTANZ 2022, Gold Coast, Australia.
- November 2020: (محاضرة التكامل فى تحليل أداء المباني/ المنهجية لتحسين كفاءة تصميم الواجهات بإستخدام برمجيات ال), الجمعية السعودية لعلوم العمران, جدة، المملكة العربية السعودية
- July 2018: ‘Integrated Building Performance: Workflow, Tools & Techniques Used by Architects & Engineers to Improve Energy Efficiency through Computation’, The 2nd Advancing Computational Building Design, New York, USA.
- April 2016: ‘Rethinking the Discourse of Architectural Education Teaching Using BIM Technology’, The 13th Learning and Technology (L&T) Conference, Effat University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- December 2015: ‘Prototyping Future Smart City Forms: Combining Sensory Technology and BIM Simulation to Visualize Environmental Impact’, INCONET-GCC2, International Conference Collaboration for Innovation, Muscat, Oman.
- December 2015: ‘BIM for Owners: Applications, Benefits and what to Expect as an Owner’, in Jeddah Chamber of Commerce, Saudi Arabia.
- October 2012: ‘Performance-Driven Façade Configuration: Parametric Thinking for Integrated Building Practice’, AIA Middle East, Architecture and design Days, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- August 2008: ‘BIM For Owners’, in the Atlanta Association of Owners presentation and discussion panel, Atlanta, USA.
- June 2005: ‘Virtual Reality and nD Construction Simulation Seminar’, in the Association of Researchers in Construction Management (ARCOM), Middlesbrough, UK.
- November 2004: ‘The 4D Visual Planner’ Presentation, at British Petroleum in collaboration with WS ATKINS contractors, London, UK.
- April 2003: Workshop on 4D Visualization Development, at Balfour Beatty Contractors, London, UK.
- March 2008: BIM Lecture at GA Tech University, Atlanta, USA.
- October 2002: Space-time Conflicts Resolution of Site Operations Using PECASO System. The Reality is Virtual Seminar, Durham, UK.4
Technical Reports and White Paper
- Mallasi, Z., (2012). Performance-Driven Façade Configuration: Parametric Thinking for Integrated Building Practice.AIA Middle East Workshop: Architecture & Design Days – Jeddah, Park Hyatt Hotel, October 9-11, 2012, Retrieved on 09/2012 from http://www.sesam-uae.com/jeddah/program.asp.
- Haxton, B., (2010). BIM and Energy Software
Analysis: Net-Zero Energy Expert Roundtable II. Hucal, M., ed., Environmental Design + Construction, October, pp. 22-29, Retrieved on 11/2010 from http://digital.bnpmedia.com/publication/?i=48595.
- Dawood, N., Mallasi, Z., and Sriprasert, E. (2003a). Data Capture and Database Development. VIRCON Task Two Technical Report, Middlesbrough, the University of Teesside.
- Dawood, N., Mallasi, Z., and Sriprasert, E. (2003b). Visualisation Development: Whole Building Visualisation. VIRCON Task Six Technical Report, Middlesbrough, The University of Teesside
- Dawood, N., Mallasi, Z., and Sriprasert, E. (2003c). User Evaluation. VIRCON Task Ten Technical Report, Middlesbrough, The University of Teesside
- Mahdjoubi, L. and Heesom, D. and Winch, G. and Penn, A. and Kelsey, J. and Edkins, A. and North, S. and Dawood, N. and Hobbs, B. and Akinsola, A. and Malassi, Z. (2000) A critical review of decision support systems for construction project planning. Conference on construction applications of virtual reality: current initiatives and future challenges, 4-5 September 2000, Teesside, UK.